Monday, February 25, 2013

Off and Running!

Hi! 
This is Mrs. S. and Toni is sitting in my office at the Logansport campus!  We just created her blog, and she is VERY excited about getting started with this project!!!

Really, she is apprehensive, but I thought VERY excited sounded better.

She chose the title of the blog because of her interest in Kate Chopin and some of the female writers that we studied in ENGL 112 and also in this class.  She is looking forward to looking at more of the writing of the female authors since they are now becoming more popular in later literature. She is also hoping to include her thoughts about some of the female characters we will encounter as we continue with drama (Streetcar Named Desire - who can resist Blanche and Stella??) and The Great Gatsby (Daisy Buchanan).

Of course the above paragraph I had to convince Toni about, but she was willing to follow her love of literature and the women writers and pursue this topic for her blog.

Here we go!  Off and running with Toni's blog!  Watch out for some good reading here!!!

10 comments:

  1. What a great blog so far, Toni! I hope you have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and welcome Toni! I hope you enjoy the blogging as much as I do! I think this is my favorite part of class, except for the I.M Sessions! Good luck on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never blogged before so I hope this isn't as scary as I have imagined.

      Delete
  3. Toni, Beware of that Mrs. S! She can be so sly and convincing that you've agreed before you knew what she was talking about! ;) *giggle* Luckily she always had our best interested intended. -Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that Mrs. S can be tricky! I tink that is why I am in ENGL 223. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh Toni, we share a similar pain, a familiar disease. I believe our only treatment, a potential cure would be to take every course she teaches and exhaust her tutelage. Sadly I believe what we have will encounter is her passion for English will never complete the thirst because she will find a way to make us want more.

      Delete
  4. Hi Toni! Sounds like you are about as apprehensive of this "blogging" as I am. I guess we will learn together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very apprehensive not sure how to do this hopefully this is right! How are your other classes going?

      Delete
  5. Hi Toni,
    You are a lucky one to blog with Mrs Siemens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had Mrs. Siemens for two classes now. I would have said before "me take literature no way" but she is an awesome teacher, I think we are all lucky to blog with her. Thanks

      Delete