Monday, March 18, 2013

Are all girls, bad girls?

Are all girls bad girls? This past fall I learned about an author named Liz Curis Higgs. She wrote a book titled Bad Girls of The Bible. This book looks at some of the bad women of the bible whether they were bad to the bone, bad for a reason, a season or only for the moment. As most of us know Eve started the bad girl trail which we have all walked down. Over the many years since this time nothing has changed. What makes us bad is our disobedience, denial, selfishness, lying, and many other sinful attitudes. There is a bright side to all of this we can all learn through our mistakes and change if we choose to.

3 comments:

  1. Toni,

    I have heard this is a good read, but haven't actually read it myself yet. It sounds interesting the more I hear about it. I've heard it really challenges your thinking on what is bad. Maybe it's a study I need to do next. Thanks for sharing. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni,

    I have had several friends read and recommend this book. I have not had the chance to do so yet. I am hoping maybe this summer I will be able to catch up on some "fun" reading! I know Liz Curtis Higgs is a great author. We often have an image of "bad" girls, but when it boils down to it, we are all bad girls. Like you said, we all have our sins we have to deal with. I guess the important part is to continue to get up each day with the purpose of doing better than we did yesterday and to live our lives in a way that is pleasing to God. What a challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister, her friend, and I heard Liz speak at a women's conference at a church where our mother lives in Ohio. She was wonderful, humorous, insightful, and delightful to listen to. I purchased several books for her to sign, and she was so much fun to talk with as she was penning her name inside the front covers. She has a fresh perspective to the challenges we face and presents the Bible through the eyes of her experiences. All of her books are great...including the "Bad Girls" series and the one she wrote on the Book of Ruth.

    ReplyDelete